Monday, November 21, 2005

Traffic was down today, which is normal for a weekday, but it's the lowest since I've been doing the POD. I hope that's a good sign but suspect it's still partially due to the weather which wasn't as nice today as forecasted. We got a large group of volunteers in from PA this morning who had spent the night at the Morrell iCare camp. The tents they were housed in apparently didn't deal with water too well. Since there is nowhere here to house them they managed to find motel rooms in Hattiesburg, 1.5 hours away.

Now that we have so many people here and are expecting more the next 2 days, there isn't enough work for everyone to do. Thus, I got to read up on Oracle and Visual Basic - my old areas of expertise - in an effort to get ready for my contracting job when I get back. However, I'm here to work. I can read at home. So I went over to Main St UMC in BSL to see the group from VA there led by Tim Wells who I worked with at Trinity many weeks ago. I'll be going out with them the rest of the week. The devotional tonight was rather insightful. We need to allow Jesus to shovel out the muck in our lives like we're doing in these houses.

When I got back, I made some more connections with International Aid. She was telling me about several things going on in the area. I was pleased to learn about Lakeshore Baptist, the church I came across on my second trip down that was totally wiped clean. They are doing some remarkable work there so I could end up there on future trips. I'm not surprised by this. I've been by 3 times now and could tell it was a special church.

I need to get up earlier than normal and I'm up later than normal so I'm off to bed now. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home