Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm not feeling the love; it's been a long time since anyone has left me a comment. :(

I worked up a sweat this afternoon. Our POD food arrived just before we ran out so we had to unload 12 pallets from the trailer and then load them into our storage trailer. Once we were nearly done, we learned we could have the rest of the pallets, too, so we could have just traded trailers! Oh, well. Now we probably have enough food and water to last the remaining 10 days we're here.

There have been just a couple sprinkles today. The bad stuff should hit sometime late tonight or early morning if it does from what the rader looks like now. Here is the full moonrise this evening.

Here's a shot of the Rainbow kitchen with the internet cafe in the foreground. I sometimes use those PCs, which are Wyse thin clients running embedded Win XP. If I'm posting pictures, I use my laptop and plug it into the switch below the right monitor. I thought you geeks out there might enjoy that. The network gear was donated by RadioResponse.org.


In other news, I saw an update from the county emergency op center that claims they've picked up 24% of the debris so far. I'd love to know how they estimated how much they had to start. It sure doesn't seem like that much is gone yet but it may be possible.

I'm hoping to get a shower tonight before it gets cooler. It was pretty nice taking a shower with a good view of the almost full moon last night. So time to eat and shower but not at the same time. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We may not be commenting, but we're definitely reading. Keep on keeping on, Michael. jim

November 16, 2005 at 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

44444

November 16, 2005 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home