Saturday, November 19, 2005

Today was much lighter traffic-wise than we expected. We had just a few more cars than yesterday through the POD. The good news is we think that is because Walmart opened up in their building today so hopefully they got a lot of traffic through there. It was a beautiful day to be outside; I got too much sun on my face.

There isn't a great deal to say for today. We got more water in. We had to repair the shower piping. We had to take a bus ride around the parking lot to increase the ridership so the driver can keep his job. They started doing free bus routes around the area last week.

The Rainbows have been having a blast - almost too much fun to make this last week less stressful on the residents I presume or perhaps to make leaving easier on themselves. Here's a couple from last night greeting us for dinner.


A few of them were dancing around the kitchen while making dinner tonight to what I think is 40s music. I'll just say it sounds like before my time at least. They have been absolutely wonderful cooks and servers though. They brought a whole different attitude to the area than any other relief center I've seen. Last night we had a local band playing during dinner and it just livened up the whole atmosphere. Speaking of dinner, the line has gone down now so it's time to go. I skipped lunch today because they're feeding us so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home