Monday, November 14, 2005

Our POD supplies didn't come yet so tomorrow is going to be pretty thin if they don't show up. As I mentioned earlier, things still don't seem to be as coordinated as they should be. Why else do so many people not have trailers yet? It's not like there weren't enough trailers in the US to meet the need or enough people FEMA could get to drive them down here. It's not all doom and gloom, but there are going to be more disasters in the future. It doesn't sound like Wilma has been handled very smoothly either. How long before it's done right? I can't say it's all the fed's job to save us, but insurance isn't going to be much help in a lot of cases so where do you turn? It's just real frustrating to see how poorly in general things are going for the folks down here.

I'm staying in the "bunkhouse", a converted semi trailer with 12 bunks. It was actually pretty comfortable without the AC or heater.


There are quite a few sleeping in tents as well as some trailers/busses/RVs. They now have hot water for the showers here as of last week I guess from an outdoor wood-burning water heater. It works pretty well though you have to be sure to open the bottom door first to prevent a backdraft. I saw that happen today - very nasty fireball shoot out the door. Yikes!


The Rainbows continue to cook up a storm. I was incorrect before - they actually have been averaging 1000 meals for the day now, not just for dinner. I've eaten many things I've never had before and I have no idea what some of them were. But they are organic/health nuts in general so I figure it must be OK. Some of it is pretty good, too. Ironically, most of them smoke. Sort of like the Germans in that respect. However, it is "organic" tobacco in most cases. Here is dinner tonight complete with entertainment. Last night was a local guy - I'm not sure if tonight's was or not.


Feel free to leave comments. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home