Friday, November 18, 2005

Today was pretty close to yesterday as far as volume is concerned. It turned out to be sunny in the mid 50s and I did take a shower, which was very nice. Apparently, FEMA was supposed to provide a shower trailer 8 weeks ago. I can't imagine it would be better than the setup they came up with piecemeal and the donated furnace from Hardy Furnace in northern MS works like a charm. I was going to just wear shorts and t-shirt afterward for a while but the noseeums were out in full force it seemed. I saw some FEMA trailers being delivered on a trip I took this afternoon.


There are quite a few people without trailers still but they do need to have utilities operational on their property before FEMA will deliver one. That seems to be why some of them are not getting them in a reasonable time. Yesterday they were testing gas lines going down Waveland Ave from US 90.

Several large groups of volunteers are leaving tonight so we may be short-handed this weekend. I know that was a concern last weekend when Merrie and I got here. At least volume hasn't been very heavy this week. I suspect the weather has been a contributing factor. It will warm up slightly after tonight. I also learned the cafe itself is staying open until Sat afternoon after Thanksgiving. We're having a parade down US 90 at 1pm with the last meal to follow. I may stay here for that and drive home at night.

I did manage to get a susnset picture again though not as good as I wanted. I was hoping for something like an icon where you see the rays emanating from the head, but it was too cloudy tonight. Plus the noseeums by the coast were very bad so I wasn't too keen on experimenting as much. Here is a broken angel from Waveland.


Peace

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Michael,
Whassup down in Mississippi? Are you going to be going to help more people? See you at Christmas. Bye. From Brad

November 18, 2005 at 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you working at the Wal-Mart tent? I think the Wal-Mart tent is great. I think it is great to help other people. Love, Michaela

November 18, 2005 at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home