Thursday, November 24, 2005

We got an early start on our work because there wasn't a huge crowd at church, despite some great fried turkey and fixings. Here is a shot of Main St UMC in BSL for Thanksgiving lunch. I'm not surprised because there were tons of Thanksgiving meals going on all over the area.


This new assignment had already had a lot done by the homeowner, a 72-year old retired oil field worker who had no insurance. His house didn't have a lot of damage from the hurricane other than flooding but was obviously in some state of disrepair beforehand. We had to tear out the bathroom and kitchen and clean up the yard debris. We got mostly finished but will go back in the morning. Sadly, he needs some work that volunteers likely cannot do.

I stopped by the New Waveland Cafe to have dinner. Though I didn't have any since I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, I learned all the pies were homemade from the same recipe by the townspeople of one of the Rainbows. As always the people were wild and friendly and the food was great, including some high-test garlic mashed potatoes. They just announced they're giving away the 20 extra turkeys they have cooked. Here I am, a satisfied customer. I got to shave yesterday after 10 days so I almost look respectable again.


I hope you all had a wonderful day thanking God for all you have. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home