Friday, November 25, 2005

I've learned Pete and Fay Jones, the couple from Bastrop, TX, who have headed up the New Waveland Market, will be remaining in the area on a semi-permanent basis to take over the volunteer coordination of the Morrell iCare village. I think that will be a great fit for both parties. The Jones' already have plans to have it running the way it should be by Jan 1.

Our next assignment sounds like a major job - a large, 2-story right on a bayou that is to be completely gutted. It's difficult for volunteers to keep the proper mindset through this. Our main purpose is to just BE here with the people in their hurting, yet we tend to fixate on "getting the job done." I think it's especially true for those that are only here a week or less because they need to make their trip "worth it," but I still struggle with it since I'm a "Mr. Fixit" type (just ask my wife!).

This morning we're finishing up our current job ASAP so we can get to work on the heavy-duty one. I'm going to go recon that one as soon as I'm done here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home