Monday, October 24, 2005

Upon completing the first week of my fifth trip to MS, I'm still sick with a cold of some sort I brought from IN. Grrrr. As such, I took another easy day. I spent the first half of the day in the regional UMCOR office continuing to make more sense of what the coordinator had been using all this time. We now have all the work orders and incoming trucks in spreadsheets and have started on the incoming teams. This will make it much easier on those who have to upkeep this info than using 15-20 Word documents. They are beginning to deal with the issues of the rebuilding process as well since they will have some money to help individuals soon. We need to come up with a simple yet equitable system to determine who gets help and what the requirements and limitations will be. This isn't an easy task though I'm frankly surprised that something like this hasn't been needed before.

After a quick lunch I went out to finish the last part of the grid Trinity had laid out to make sure we had as many potential work orders as possible. Theirs are totally separate from what the regional UMCOR office has, which is very few comparatively speaking. We probably have 50 inside orders and 50 more for yard work. This will be enough for a few more weeks provided the people don't get the work done by others means before we can get to them.

I took a nap once I got back and read some more of Trevor Hudson's book before dinner and devotions. I need to start trying to write my blog entries earlier in the day so I can put more of my thoughts down rather than trying to rush to bed! Oh well. I should be helping out with UMCOR for a few more days (maybe just mornings) and I hope to get over this cold quick so I can get back into the houses. The teams started on 2 today that had not been touched at all, 8 weeks after the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home