Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Well, it's been a few days and I'm back in Gulfport tonight. My family and I spent a few days relaxing. We stayed at Caribbean Cove 2 nights and enjoyed the waterpark quite a bit. One of the slides was too much for Merrie, but the boys and I enjoyed them all. Merrie and I liked to soak in the hottubs as well though we wished they would have left the jets off more often; the chemicals were pretty strong and get to your eyes. One hottub had a waterfall which was a good massager. That was probably my favorite spot. It was good to be home with my family for a while. I really didn't see anybody else because we weren't back in town for church.

The team coordinator at Trinity UMC was nice enough to pick me up from the airport. The current team from Virginia here is large. They have 28 people this time and have been getting a lot done in their short time here though they've discovered just how "fun" floors can be already. They are somewhat apprehensive about a house they are doing tomorrow because it could be in pretty bad shape and the homeowner is pretty emotional. Luckily I'm a vet and one of the other members was here last week as well. It seems I'll be giving the team a tour of coast area tomorrow afternoon.

Flying in tonight was pretty cool. The moon is nearly full and it's a clear sky. Gulfport was lit up nicely so that you'd never know anything happened if you weren't knowledgeable of exactly where the coast was. The first block or two was dark of course since it's been wiped out but the rest of the city was alight and you couldn't see the destruction. I wish I had a camera capable of taking a shot of a night-lit scene while moving, but you'll just have to deal with this not too good shot of the moon. My zoom is only 3x and you can almost see the outline of the pine trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home