Friday, October 21, 2005

It was an easy day for me today. I left about 7:45 for Gateway UMC where the UMCOR regional coordinator has been working. I took along my old Win98 laptop to setup for them to use. It took a while to get the HP printer driver to finally load and to get his XP machine to see my PC, but I finally got everything working fine. Then I started figuring out what kind of documentation system he had set up to deal with all the work. It turns out Elijah had gotten assigned to this job after the hurricane hit (both of his churches were severely impacted) and had no training for it so it's no wonder things have not seemed very organized on the UMCOR end. He also had no help so his wife has been assisting him and a former church member had been driving down daily from Wiggins as well until a volunteer showed up recently. Had I known I would have gone over there sooner, but lack of communication has been a huge issue from the start for all organizations.

Elijah is gone this weekend for a special conference meeting so the volunteer and I will handle the office for a couple days and try to come up with a "better wheel" to be more efficient. He just had to throw something together real fast and hasn't had time to breathe since then let alone improve upon what he had.

I left around 4:30 because the van from the Wiggins warehouse had a tire problem on the way back to Wiggins so I took over a jack to them and then continued on to Trinity from there. Some people wanted another tour of the coast so this time we drove toward Biloxi. Here we see Humpty apparently didn't fall off his wall.


This is US 90 on the Biloxi bay area with a couple guys fishing near the remains.


I'm feeling a bit worse today. I do have some sinus issues now and Claritin isn't helping any. I'm going to bed early tonight and I should be able to sleep in so that should help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home