Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Well, I've spent the last couple days fiddling with our van to get it into decent enough running condition to drive to the coast. That included a call for advice to my old friend Larry who helped me rebuild the engine 7 years ago. Short of pulling the carb off to clean it out, it's as good as it's going to get.

I made a call to Bay Saint Louis and Waveland to see what the current needs are so tomorrow I hope to fill up on tents, sweatshirts, blankets, respirators and maybe tyvek coveralls if I can find them in bulk. Hopefully our local stores are cooperative in giving a good deal so we can get as much as possible.

The plan for now is driving down Friday and probably sleeping in the van and getting to Waveland early Sat. Then Merrie will end up driving my car back from Gulfport on Sun and Mon and I'll stay for a couple weeks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home