Monday, June 05, 2006

The last few weeks have been busy researching starting a business. Topshot Systems LLC is now official. Now I need to start beating the bushes to find more work.

Raisin continues to be active, and you can see Raisin moving around now if you're paying attention. Merrie just learned she is gestationally diabetic so she's going to have to go on a special diet. We meet with the counselor Wed. Hopefully she can control it with just diet. It must be her age because I was already feeding her a low carb diet to prepare for her "yucky" glucose tolerance test.

The boys finished school Friday. Both had great attendence this year - Stephan had 1 tardy and Sydney had 1 absent. We haven't gotten Stephan's grades yet (maybe today) but he thinks he managed to keep Cs and higher. Sydney finished mostly in the B and C range with some outstandings. Hayden actually has moved away now so they don't get to see each other as often but Hayden mysteriously shows up near our house quite a bit still. He even slept over the past 2 nights. Stephan is the typical teenage social butterfly it seems.

Max and Sam had a harrowing day yesterday. The boys asked if they could play with them in the sandbox, but that escalated to putting them on the slide for which they were scolded when Merrie and Stephan got home, and then Hayden was squirting Sydney (who was holding them) with the hose when I happened to go outside. I was not a very happy camper. Max and Sam seem to have recovered from their adventure.

I got my "play" computers setup this weekend also. I bought some stuff off Ebay so I could have 2 machines to test Oracle configurations for my business needs. We never got a chance to test some things when we upgraded a client to version 10g so now I can see just what will happen when the primary "crashes". It is always fun trying to break things. :) My "lab" is in the basement on top of the stack of laminate flooring that we bought in 2001 to cover the first floor. That was supposed to happen very soon now that the boys were grown, but Raisin has put a damper on that. Maybe next summer if my business goes well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home