Friday, March 17, 2006

NCAAs turned out well. We only had one issue to deal with and the competition in the individual finals was tough. For the first time ever, women took the top 2 places in both events. Luckily, the teams weren't as close as last year so we didn't have to worry about dealing with a tie. I had a good time overall. I am really going to miss not being there next year unless I can finagle a position somehow. I caught the shooting bug again in a way. I decided it was time to see if Sydney wanted to shoot so we have started this week. I figure if Sydney is shooting, I can shoot with him. :) My intention is we will only do air pistol. They have a program out to get more youth into pistol since we have a serious drought of good pistol competitors in the US so he's got a much better chance to succeed in pistol than rifle. Plus pistol is cheaper and more time efficient to do.

Merrie is still hanging in there. She still gets sick at times and is unfomfortable much if the time it seems. I bet she wishes she was 6 or 7 (or 20!) years younger. She brought home a doppler (?) unit last night that she had to use on a visit so we listened to the heartbeat (we got Sydney out of bed so he could, too). It was in the high 140s to 150 so there's a better chance for a girl than the 130s we were told on the 6th.

I'll be busy consulting again for a good month or two. I had a phone interview Wed with one of the few places in town I would want to work, but I don't know what to think about it yet. First I'll see if they still are considering me in a couple weeks and deal with it then. Being out of work for so long has got the freedom bug in me now so it would be really difficult to go back to a normal job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home