Sunday, November 27, 2005

We almost made it through the parade without rain, but got a good downpour at the end. In a way that is fitting though - it was water that brought the volunteers to the area and it's water bidding the Cafe and Market farewell. Since I helped carry the lead banner, it was difficult to get some good pictures. Here is the staging area.


The view behind on US 90...


and the view ahead....


Here is a "float".


We even had some surprise entertainment that brought down the house.


It was an awesome time had by all - certainly the most memorable and touching parade I've seen.

I took off for home after a quick snack and some good byes. It took me just under 12.5 hours to make the drive. I stopped by the Cracker Barrel in Slidell to get an audio book, Ted Dekker's 'Black', which helped keep me awake until I arrived at 4:30 am. I did make it to church this morning though not the early service we normally attend! :)

Anyway, I'm home for 2 weeks now so the blog will be slow. I'll be doing contract work in Lafayette most of this week, which is why I came home earlier than I had originally planned. I may have anyway though because my wife and I really missed each other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home