Sunday, October 09, 2005

Today I got some much needed sleep though here I am not starting to write this until after midnight. Sigh. Ryan and I woke up about 6:30 to say goodbye to those that were leaving and then we went back to bed until 10:30. We and 2 guys from Mt. Bethel out of Marietta, Ga, worked on finishing the Moore's house and got everything done but the door since we had no way to return it for a correct one. Mrs. Moore fed us some Krispey Kreme's and slushies. They are such a great couple with a great outlook. At one point while I was talking to her, I noticed a lot of movement and their yard was just filled with dragonflies flying around. There must have been 30 of them. Wow! I wanted to take a picture but I doubt they would show up very well.

Once we got back, I got an early shower and replaced the wheels on the large wheelbarrows with hard ones so we didn't have to deal with flats on those at least. I think we've had 5 flats since I got here. Maybe I'm bad luck? :) The new team had arrived but they were out seeing some of the coast to get an idea of what happened. Then it was dinner and team meeting, where Roy shared his mission story with the new team. It was just as good the second time.

I started creating some business cards for the canvassing teams to leave at unoccupied homes when they go looking after church tomorrow for homeowners to help. I will be heading to church at Bay Saint Louis I think and then serving food at the tent church in Clermont Harbor.

I've spent the last hour plus talking with Tony Proctor, the local UMCOR rep, and comparing pictures. It's good to see at least some UMCOR people doing something now rather than waiting months. He made me a badge so I'm now a Mississippi team UMCOR member. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving tomorrow for Slidell to hook up with my "boss" who is back salvaging boats. I'll stay there 2 days and then come back to Trinity Wed for a planning meeting. I'm going to encourage my boss to find local help. Surely there's someone qualified that no longer has a job. Anyway, I really need to fold my clothes and get to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home