Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I zipped over to Pearlington to see Merrie and the crew she was with gutting a house there. It was not in very good shape because it had floated up off the blocks a couple times according to the neighbor.


Merrie and several others were having a great time trying to get linoleum off the floor when I arrived.


I took a few pics and then ran an errand in Slidell. It was very spooky driving across 90 at that point where it's all marshy bayous and you feel so vulnerable knowing what it must have been like. Upon returning I ate lunch with her and the team at one of 2 remaining relief centers in the county before coming back to do more drywall. We did not get quite done but it's pretty close. Now I'm off to eat with Merrie and her team at the Mexican place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home