Thursday, April 12, 2007

I have a few pics of some of the other people from our group and what they have gotten to do - sanding,






mudding...






and some flooring....

I have heard some in our group don't want to go home. Perhaps they understand now why I seem drawn to come down here.

Today was picture perfect - 80 and not a cloud to be seen. My team finished installing the roof joists today so we can start sheeting tomorrow. The roof peak is over 43 feet from the pad. I took this pic yesterday where you can see Jennifer, one of the nursing students, nailing straps across the peak.


The former gymnasium became known as "PearlMart", a distribution center for food and supplies for local residents up to March 1, 2007. Note the highwater mark on the backboard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Grey said...

The big difference from your earlier trips is that you're building, not tearing down. That's so encouraging.

April 13, 2007 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home